1. Youtube definitely dominates "user" videos. By that, I mean that you will not see or view an unprofessional video on Hulu because the website is essentially the extension of a television channel or traditional media extending their "information" onto the Internet. Nothing against either of these websites, but this was by far the biggest difference I found among them. Youtube is a platform established on a social network influenced by "user" videos with a mix of just about everything else there is to offer in terms of recorded media (documentaries, music videos, clips of funny parts in movies, sports highlights, and so on). Meanwhile, Hulu is definitely more established as a professional website set upon a platform presenting the "user" with traditional media shows that appear on television.
2. Both websites invite the "user" to explore more after initially using the website. For instance, I went to Bassnectar last Friday so I was all about listening to him this week as I was studying. I found it very convenient that I could create or follow other people's playlist of Bassnectar in sequence through Youtube. At the same time, I have recently become interested in Modern Family. I've never really been really big on watching a television show religiously beyond Entourage, but I've found it rather easy and addicting to continue watching more and more Modern Family on Hulu because the website offers the television show in a sequence of its seasons, which is really nice. It even keeps track of where you are after leave, at least it did for me?
3. Both websites want the "user" to join by creating an account for their account. Once an account is established, both websites follow the trends and kinds of things you enjoy watching and viewing, thus creating recommended videos, clips, and television shows to view in the future. I have actually found this technique to be very helpful in helping me find new music on Youtube, but as I stated earlier, I don't watch much tv so I wouldn't use Hulu on a regular basis.
Thats all for now folks!
How was Bassnectar? I wanted to go and I don't really have a reason to why I didn't - guess I was just lazy.
ReplyDelete