Monday, April 25, 2011
Blog 7
So, my computer/Droid usage started the moment I woke up this morning. When my phone alarm went off, I immediately picked it up and used it to check the weather, Facebook, my e-mail, texts, etc. When I was eating breakfast, I went on my laptop and checked my e-mail once again (because my cell reception is so bad in my apartment that I almost never actually receive e-mails on my phone). These activities are pretty typical for me in the morning. I use the internet on my phone and computer to prep myself for the day. Throughout the day, I use my phone pretty much constantly to pass the time walking to class and sitting, waiting for class to start. Between classes, I made phone calls, sent texts, played games, and went on Facebook for the thousandth time. With the free WiFi in every campus building and a good 3G signal almost everywhere else, I am able to keep connected at all times when I'm away from home. It's really something that smart phone users have come to take for granted. Before I got my phone, I had to wait until I got home to look something up. With a smart phone, it's different - there's instant gratification. For example, today I was out to lunch with my boyfriend and he asked if people have lettuce allergies. So what did I do? Googled it immediately (and yes, people DO have lettuce allergies). When I was at home during the day, I used my laptop to read a few blogs that I follow and then did some readings and French homework. Of my four classes this semester, three of them have a major online component. It is weird to think that just a few years ago, using the internet for homework seemed taboo to most teachers. For the rest of the night, I did more online homework, looked up more random things (like chainmail made of pop tabs - I'm making some and it's amazing), continued to check my e-mail and Facebook, and finally, I'm writing this blog. All in all, I spend a lot of time on my phone and on my laptop, but being constantly connected is something that I've become so used to that it doesn't even seem like a problem to me anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment