Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog 7

So tracking my use of technology throughout an entire day was a little trickier than I thought it would be. I do completely believe at this point, that I have become highly, HIGHLY dependent on both my mac and my smart phone.

So I awoke this morning back in Green Bay because I had been home for the weekend and didn't have class in Madison til 4 (2hr. 20 minute drive). As i do most mornings I wake up, I went on my computer to check my habitual websites (Wiscmail, Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter). After my 30 minute email/creep session, I headed for my shower with mac in hand. Plugged it into the speakers in my bathroom and jammed out to some Childish Gambino (check him out). This already equates to over an hour of using my computer as I got up in the morning.

After I got out of the shower, I got ready and as usual checked to see if I had missed any calls/texts/bbms/etc. I would say I'm better about using my phone sparingly than my mac, even though I have a really nice phone, I tend not to use it for much beyond my practicum project aka Yelp and texting.

I ran some errands with mi madre, and didn't use any technology during this time. Then after that, I was back at my place on my mac again making a playlist for the road. I plugged it in as I got on the road and listened to more music through my computer on the way down to Madison.

So I would say, I use my computer on an average day, about half of the time I'm awake. Insane. Something I would not have other realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment