Monday, May 2, 2011

Practicum - Dean Knetter - 5


I signed into my junk email account the other day and an email from the LambdaMOO overlords awaited me. It was a financial notice, and the relevant text is as follows:
"We have received your welfare check in the amount of $500. It has been deposited in your account as a courtesy to you, one of our priceless customers. Your account balance is currently $600. It is a pleasure to serve you."
Heck, I didn't even know I was on welfare, or that i started off in this world with a $100 like Monopoly. Now that I do, I need to locate the First National Lambda Bank to see what I can do with this money. I'm almost sure I can buy certain items to take with me and use in certain environments. Stores, such as the recently created "Ye Ole Cow Shoppe", actually inside the main house. The email demonstrates that administrators do look out for new members and the community as a whole; I had actually considered posting about how the world lacks this, but my bluff was called. I also discovered a room where you can check the status of your player as well as other administrative tasks. Good looking out, wizards.
On a lighter note, I attempted to be hardcore and scale a medieval tower that is attached to the house. I went into a newly remodeled, "abandoned" portion of the house. There, I climbed up into a greenhouse and continued onto the glass roof. Atop the tower was an open window, so I began by pulling myself up on a ledge. Eventually, I had to get into a drainpipe and make my way up. Unfortunately, someone left their giant anemone in the middle of the damned pipe. I could not get around it, only whisper things to it. Something is going on in that tower, and I vow to find out. If I can get past the armored Orangutan, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment